Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Photos, finally

After some pestering from my mother during our last phone conversation, I decided to get my ass in gear and finally start uploading photos.

I'll upload them to Facebook and put the links here. On the Facebook pages, I'll try to put some informative captions so you know what you're looking at. I'm going to start putting the photos up from the most recent to those from about three months ago.

I just returned from Tana Toraja where I witnessed their unique funeral ceremonies and customs; you can view the photos here. The uploading is going fairly slow, but I should have them up by the end of the week.

I saw a lot of buffaloes sacrificed, but the most gruesome experience was when I was on the bus headed to the airport. Our bus ran over a motorcyclist and severed his right leg at the knee. The entire bottom half of his leg was gone. It was the worst thing I have ever seen and I keep having flashbacks to it.

Otherwise, the vacation was great.

Keep checking back for links to more photos as I attempt to recreate the last several months.

No comments: