Monday, October 20, 2008

Time for me to fly...

We fly out tomorrow at 11:25 Italian time (1:25 am AK, 4:25 am Central). This means we need to catch the 7:30 train to the airport. Different baggage regulations have led us to ditch some stuff, so it won't be as difficult to carry things as on past excursions.

We are in the air for about six hours heading to Doha, Qatar, where we have a six-hour layover. Then it is about an eight-hour flight to Singapore. We are flying Qatar Airways.

Supposedly, there are free internet terminals in the Singapore airport; if this is true, I will try to put up a quick post saying something like, "We have safely arrived in Singapore."

I slept alright last night, but apparently Rowan was thinking and worrying too much to sleep well.

As a last note, I was initially torn between titling the post "Leaving on a jet plane" or "Time for me to fly." Both are song lyrics, the first from John Denver, and the second from REO Speedwagon.

After I chose the former, I remembered that Denver died in a plane crash, and changed it to the REO quote. May good REO karma protect us.

No comments: