Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wherefore art thou?

Since we have returned to Vedano Olona, life has slowed to a crawl. Everything is very relaxing.

Yesterday, we went to the market that is held right outside the house every Monday. (We are next to a big cemetery, so there is a parking lot there.) I bought some new sneakers for only 13 euros. Rowan had told me that my only other pair of shoes stunk from the farm.

We've gone for a walk in the woods, where families were out collecting chestnuts.

I got denied access to a trendy club because I was wearing sandals. This was before the purchase of the aforementioned shoes. Apparently my stinky shoes would have been a better option.

We've also had some time to watch TV: Catwoman and some Steven Seagal flick, both dubbed in Italian. They obviously have great taste in film here.

The only other excitement has been Gianfranco's birthday. The party featured the family, us, good food, good wine, and a cake.Since we celebrated on Sunday, and his birthday was on Monday, he waited a day to open his gifts.

Tomorrow, though, Rowan and I are going to Verona for the night. We've decided to stay at a B&B for a romantic evening. Verona is supposedly a beautiful town, so many pictures are sure to follow.

No comments: