Thursday, July 24, 2008

Packing update: 2:51 am

I finished packing awhile ago. Rowan is still working furiously.

She has purchased a year's supply of, ahem, feminine products, due to questions of availability in Indonesia. She just informed me that I would be carrying a large portion of the items in my bag.

She has done a good job pruning down her wardrobe; I think she has discarded an amount equal to what I'm taking. However, she still has a lot more stuff than I do. My prize for packing so lightly and efficiently is that I get to carry the pile of hardcover textbooks we purchased for the course.

Here is a picture of all the clothes I am taking with me for a year, ready to be packed:Here is everything I am bringing, packed and ready:
And here is Rowan, packing away:
You will notice the boxes of the aforementioned feminine products next to her. You will also notice that she has everything spread out on the bed, which is where I really want to go lie down right now.

In her defense, she did spend most of her day partaking in mother-daughter time while I puttered around the house. She was having fun while I worked, so now she must work while I stare at the cluttered bed, daydreaming of real dreaming.

We leave in 12 hours and 34 minutes.

No comments: