Monday, March 1, 2010

Last days in the desert

Still down in the desert for now. I fly out on Tuesday to Salem, Oregon, for a week in the Pacific northwest. My buddy Steve has lined up an excellent week, including an NBA game, a Black Rebel Motorcycle Club concert, and some beachy bonfire excitement. Should be great. Then it is back to Thailand in mid-March.

It's been good to sort of settle back into "normal" life for awhile. Living at my brother's place and reconnecting after years away. Working normal hours and hanging out.

We have experienced a little culture down here, including a Renaissance Festival.
We got to throw a variety of weapons (ninja stars, knives, and axes), go through a very low-budget torture museum, and drink beer and relax on one of the most beautiful days, weather-wise, since I've been down here.

I'll miss the people, the weather, and the setting when I'm gone. (And good beer. And cheese.)
I'm a little nervous about heading into a new environment and culture and diving back into teaching. (We have a two-day orientation and then we're face to face with the kids.) But I'm also excited. After the camp is over, I'll be doing some traveling. Angkor Wat is the main destination, but I'll see what else happens. Then I really have no idea what happens next. For now, I'll have to be alright with that.

Hasta la vista, Arizona, y muchas gracias.

No comments: