Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Twenty hours away

I'm currently in the Seattle airport, waiting for my flight to Taipei and amusing myself with the airport's free wi-fi.

I've been aware of potential civil unrest in Thailand since my last visit, or perhaps since the protests at the airport in late November 2008.

But when I decided to check my email at the airport, I found that my friend and soon-to-be boss in Thailand had sent us a message about potential political craziness this Friday. I land on Thursday.

Hopefully I'm not flying into a shit-storm. As my friend pointed out, neither side really has anything to gain by doing anything to harm tourism or the foreign population of the country. Still, it never hurts to be aware of a potential situation.

I'll try to keep everyone posted.

No comments: