Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Certifiably capable

I finished the dive course today, so now I'm a certified scuba diver. I'm still not the most graceful creature underwater, but I feel like I'm getting quite a bit better.(I'm on the left; my instructor is on the right. And here's a link to the shop where I took the course.)

I've decided my budget can handle about five more fun dives (single dives that aren't part of a course), so I'll spread those out over the next ten days. I won't have an instructor watching my every move anymore, but hopefully I'll be alright.

Now I'm off to get dinner and a beer with my instructor. I got 100% on all the tests, so hopefully this equals a free drink. But then I'll buy him a drink for being a good instructor, so it all evens out, I guess. But I've had enough of salt water for one day, so another beverage will be good. Selamat minum (happy drinking) for me, and hopefully for you, wherever you are.

No comments: