Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Settling in

I haven't had a shower in two days. The gas at the apartment complex ran out late Saturday, no one would deliver on Sunday, and they told us we'd have some today, but it's approaching dinnertime and there is still no hot water. Since I am no longer in the tropics, an unheated shower doesn't really sound too pleasant.

Otherwise, things here are going well. We met some good people the other day (my friend Amanda is from Oklahoma and there is another Oklahoman in town, go figure) and hung out with them Saturday night. Other than that, I've just been hanging out around the apartment and reading, writing, relaxing, and watching football. (And drinking, but just a little. I've also made friends with some good folks called Guinness, Smithwick's, Beamish, Jameson, Black Bush, etc...)

I'll be starting work in the near future, hopefully, but not for a few days at least. I may go check out a local cave.

Now I need to go cook some potatoes. This is Ireland, after all.

No comments: