Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wings and walking

Today I took a walk down the big hill to one of the local tourist attractions: the previously mentioned cave. While the cave was a dud (not to sound overly cynical/critical/etc., but I haven't been in too many caves and this one still probably doesn't crack my top ten), there was an excellent birds of prey center and show.I've put up some of the photos here, which is also where I'll be adding more photos of my adventures as my stay progresses. So keep checking in.

Lastly, here's a photo of the view from the front of the apartment complex.Somewhere beyond those cows lies the sea, just past the nearest town, which is five or six miles of fairly uninterrupted nothingness away. Since I've been here, I've probably walked about 25 miles. Which means my miles walked vastly outnumbers my beer consumption. I did not foresee this happening in Ireland.

No comments: