Thursday, July 29, 2010

Home

I arrived at the Shannon airport and waited in line. When I got to the counter, the first thing I was asked was, "Are you traveling alone?" Followed immediately by, "Are you in a big hurry to get to your destination?" For the first time in my life, I was offered a bump. I said yes, but they were able to get everyone on the plane.

The flight across the ocean was good. The meal was better than most airline meals, and I got to drink some complimentary beer (Corona, and they even gave me a lime). Even the snack was better than most. Peanuts AND pretzels. And a slice of pizza. Apparently, they are obsessed with foods starting with the letter "P." The flight came into New York from fairly far north, so we followed the Canadian coastline for quite a ways, which was much better than just staring out at water.

After two changeovers, I finally reached Green Bay and eventually home. My mother, wonderful woman that she is, has stocked the fridge with a six-pack of Guinness and the liquor shelf with a bottle of Jameson. I told her I was a little Guinnessed-out for the time being, but I'll get to it eventually.

No comments: